Latest Additions To The Site

Page 56 of 56 1000 Records Found

Catherine Street, May Bank, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A family sitting outside Smelters Row at the bottom of Catherine Street, May Bank.

Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Wolstanton County Grammar School was opened in 1928

Wolstanton postcard,Newcastle-under-Lyme

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This very busy scene is looking south down the High Street. The ring road was built in the 1960s and this removed the congestion from the town.

The Plough, Holborn, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Holborn area has now totally changed, with the ring road going through it. Here the local public house The Plough can be seen as the end of a terrace.

The Cotton Mill, Liverpool Road, Cross Heath, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Cross Heath cotton mill was built by Richard Thompson in 1797. Thompson also built apprentice houses and mill workers' cottages, and generally looked after his staff. The mill continued in textile manufacture ...

Aerial view of Newcastle-under-Lyme town centre

This photograph shows many areas of the town that have now been developed. The central area of this photograph has changed a great deal, with the building of the Civic Offices and Sainsbury's. Also the ...

Aerial view of Newcastle-under-Lyme town centre

F.H. Burgess, the agricultural merchants, can still be seen in this photograph in the bottom right hand corner as the Fine Fare development, which was the Warner Brothers Cinema in 2005, had yet to be ...

Baptist Church, London Road/Vessey Terrace, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This iron church was opened in 1871 on what was then a very quiet London Road. Membership gradually rose and in 1914 the foundation stone was laid for a new chapel, which still stood on the corner of ...

E.V. Jones grocer, Merrial street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A well stocked grocers store which was situated next door to the Conservative Club in Newcastle, and is now an Estate Agents. A member of staff, and possibly the owner, are pictured outside.