Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 17 290 Records Found

Advertising Cart on Liverpool Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Cattle pulling 'Atora' beef-suet cart as an advertising gimmick.

Apedale Ironworks, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Photograph of the Manager of Apedale Ironworks.

Apedale Ironworks, Newcastle-under-Lyme

General view of Apedale Ironworks.

Apedale road, Chesterton

This postcard shows the corner of Audley Road and Apedale Road with the Eagle and Child on the corner. Note the very traditional clothes the children are wearing, of pinafores, straw bonnets, and cloth ...

Apedale, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Springwood engine-house workshop.

Bagguleys Book Shop, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Bagguley's Book Shop was situated on the High Street in Newcastle-under-Lyme. It also sold stationery and offered a book printing and binding service. The motorcar parked outside the shop would have ...

Bank House, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This photograph shows the site of Old Bank House in Newcastle town centre. The house to the left became the National Provincial Bank in the early twentieth century and later became the National Westminster ...

Bank House, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Photograph of Bank House formerly the home of the Fenton family now demolished.

Beeston's Vaults, Red Lion Square, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Beeston's Vaults still stood in 2002 when it was known as the Wine Vaults. The building dates to before 1700 and has a timber framed structure. The pub was run by the Beeston family from the 1860s to ...

Bells Hollow, Chesterton

Photograph of Bell's Hollow 'Jolly Potter' site. Bungalow footings on the site of a 19th Century salt-glaze kiln.

Benzol Rectification Plant, Birchenwood Colliery, Kidsgrove

A by-product of coal, benzol was used as a 'motor spirit'. Birchenwood colliery opened in the 1890s, most of the coal being used for coke and other by-products. The colliery actually closed in 1932, ...

Bignall End, Audley

This postcard shows the view from the foot of Boon Hill, at the junction of Raven's Lane and Bignall Hill. The North Staffordshire Branch railway line, seen here running from the left, has now been removed. ...

Birchenwood Collieries Rescue Team

Birchenwood Collieries Rescue Team of seven feet Banbury District, West Winpenny Slant, after a fire which occurred on Monday 28th April 1924. Photographed are: (back row) W. Kirkham, J. Stone, T ...

Birchenwood Collieries Rescue Team, Kidsgrove

Birchenwood colliery opened in the 1890s, most of the coal being used for coke and other by-products. The colliery actually closed in 1932, but coke and other by-product production continued by using ...

Birchenwood Colliery, Kidsgrove

Miners from Birchenwood Colliery standing in front of a bonfire that was constructed to celebrate the coronation of King Edward VII. The notice attached to the bonfire reads, 'E.R. Bonfire built by Birchenwood ...

Birchenwood Colliery, Kidsgrove

This image shows pitheads numbers 4 and 18. It was at 18 that there was an explosion on 18 December 1925 when 7 men were killed and 14 were injured. Birchenwood colliery opened in the 1890s, most of ...

Birchenwood, Kidsgrove

Demolition of Birchenwood coking-plant and tar distillery.

Birchenwood, Kidsgrove

Photograph of Birchenwood's 'Nelson' colliery pumping station.